CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

you've got to have faith.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy spirit. Romans 15:13.

The message this week at church was about hope. The preacher talked about why bad things happen to good people, how to maintain hope when you feel that it is lost, and trying to keep the faith during the hard times. He mentioned that we have to go through hardships in order to maintain hope. After we've endured certain difficulties, we have a renewed sense of hope and a greater faith that God will bring us through the hard times. This was definitely the perfect message for me considering some of the things we've faced recently. At the end, the preacher invited people up to the front to pray. He invited those who had been hoping and praying for something, but it just hadn't come to fruition yet. He encouraged us to give that hope back to God, to lay it entirely in His hands and to rest assured that whatever God had planned would be so much greater than we could imagine. I wasn't quite comfortable going up to the front, but I prayed a prayer for our fertility. I gave the situation to God. Knowing that it wasn't in my hands and that He knew when and how he would give us a baby. The preacher came on the microphone a few minutes later and said that someone had something they wanted to say. A girl, Sarah, grabbed the mic and said "There is a young woman here who has been hoping and praying for a baby for a long time and I'm here if you want me to pray with you"!! I felt like the Holy Spirit reached into my chest and grabbed my heart at that instant. Heath and I went down to the front and Sarah prayed with us. It was such a blessing and I was so amazed that God had laid this on her heart. It was exactly what I needed. I had been feeling discouraged and had lost sight of the fact that God did have a plan for us. He hadn't forgotten about our desires to be parents, he just wasn't ready for His plan to be revealed to us yet. I definitely left church yesterday feeling refreshed and ready to start this journey to have a baby, however we get there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! Keep your head up - God has a plan.

Jenny said...

I really believe the same, God's plan, althought not always ours, will reveal it's self. Hang in there.

leah @maritalbless said...

Oh Erin,I'm so glad to hear that you were given some comfort and encouragement!

It's all in His control.

Chris | Team Sea-Squared said...

He truly DOES have a plan for all of us! This post got me a tad teary as well. I have been keeping you & Heath in my prayers.

Kristy said...

Such a sweet post... :)

Leslie G said...

God answers prayers to those who dilligently seek HIM. I know it's easy to take your own route sometimes and forget that God holds the masterplan for your life! I have to remind myself of that often. Keep praying and trust in his plan for BOTH of you! =)

Amber said...

I love this post! Thanks for being so open and honest. It touches close to my heart. The keeping hope part; I have lost a dear friend of mine 3 weeks ago and this is exactly what the preacher talked about at his funeral.