CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

all shiny and new.

I think we're finally making some progress. As much as I love #2, we decided that financially it wasn't in our best interest. In other words, they're asking a crap load of money and we don't want to lose money when we try to sell it in 4 years. So, we're putting an offer on the new construction. I don't love it, but it's a nice house and I know we'll be happy in it. They're replacing the carpet in the living room with wood floors and changing out the wood floors in the office to match the living room, throwing in a SS side-by-side fridge, and adding some cabinet doors to some open shelving that I wasn't crazy about. While it may not be the house of my dreams, it will do quite well for the next few years. I'm holding my breath until things are final, but for now, it looks like we have a house! Pics to come soon.

2 comments:

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

I'm soooo happy you guys are making progress. I know you aren't thrilled about new construction, but I have to say we've lived in a few older and historic houses and I love our brand spankin' new house because it's so easy to maintain! Not that old houses aren't great, but that's at least a positive of the new. Where's the new one???

leah @maritalbless said...

Lol, you lured me in with pics to come before as well! JK, sounds like you were able to make the most of the new construction!