CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

i want off this ride.

So, we found out that house #2 is no where near worth what they're asking. Our realtor called to say that no matter how he spins it, they're going to reject or counter offer and we'll have no choice but to walk away unless we want to actually lose money on this house. I have calmed down now (that glass of wine helped), but I was ::this close:: to having a nervous breakdown. Heath being in Chicago only magnifies the situation. I called him crying so hard I couldn't talk. We will be homeless in 22 days. I had our realtor talked into doing whatever he can to make our buyers back out of their contract so that we could at least keep our little home for now. But Heath, we'll call him the voice of reason, convinced me that we could go back to house #1, remove our original request of re-finishing the hardwood floors (which we were paying for in our offer) and offer what the seller was asking minus the cost of the floors. I'm glad that he can be rational when his wife surely can't.

So, that's the plan for now. We're countering their counter on numero uno.

I can't take this anymore. This has been the most emotional experience of my life. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but this sucks! Never did I think that moving on to a bigger house would be this hard. I thought selling our house so quickly was a blessing. But at this point, it's the worst thing that could have happened. Not only am I emotional about selling our first house together, but I feel like it's being taken away from us and we have no where to go. Hopefully this will work out. We have no where to turn after this. Unless we get a POD, or two, and live in one for a few months. This has been a roller coaster.

Oh, and I'm moving our appointment with the RE back a few weeks. There is no way I could handle that on top of all of this house stuff. Hopefully more on that in a few weeks.

I'm going to go drink one more glass to take the edge off :) .... then off to bed.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your new home search. If it makes you feel better we are closing on our second home w/o selling our first and the thought of two mortgages is stressing me to shreds. So unlike you we have too many homes. So it could be worse. Hang in there, it's still a blessing in this market.

leah @maritalbless said...

Um, I'd want off as well! I'm praying for you dear! You could make a POD homey in a jiffy though!