CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

now I can breathe.

We got the house! They accepted our counter-offer as is, so we're going to go sign the contract today. I am so relieved. We'll have the inspection early next week, so I'll post some before pics of the house. But, I'll go ahead and tell you a little about it: It was built in 1929, 4 bed, 2 bath. It's two story. The bathrooms have been remodeled and the kitchen has white marble counters and black cabinets. We plan to paint the cabinets white, re-finish all the wood floors in a dark stain and paint all of the trim in the house white. It's definitely move-in ready, but there is a lot we can do to jazz it up. I'm so excited!

Today we have a lot to do. Heath is going to start on the list of repairs from the inspection (which has 18 items on it...ugh) and I'm going to start packing. I hadn't started packing yet because I think I was in denial, but now that we actually have somewhere to live, I'm ready to go!

4 comments:

Chris | Team Sea-Squared said...

Oh I'm so happy for you guys! YAY! I can't wait to see pics of the new pad!

leah @maritalbless said...

Whew! Breathing is so conducive to the body operating! :)

I'm so excited! I love that you've already got D&R ideas!

momma bow said...

Wow, Erin!! I've been keeping up with your blog, and I get exhausted every time I read it. You guys have had SO much going on - I'm so glad you're blogging! Congratulations on the house!! I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to see it! So you're getting a job, eh? I hope this doesn't mean you are going to try to get out of coming to see me this summer! Can't wait to see pictures of the house. Hope we can talk soon!

Jenny said...

Congrats!!!