CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

a fab new diet. (tmi? maybe?)

I lost 5 lbs this weekend. Actually, in a mere 24 hours.

Jealous?

Don't be. I spent ALL day Saturday and ALL day Sunday either in bed or in the bathroom. I have never been sicker in my life. I was pukin' and poopin' til I could no longer puke or poop. Yeah, it's gross, I know.

Oh the irony of it. I had been counting down the days until I finally had a day off....13 days straight of work, 165+ hours and a day off! Glory be! But, I woke Saturday with a tummy ache and ended up on my death bed all day. Then, I had to use my "day off" I had coming up on Thursday in order to stay home on Sunday too. Hmph.

Of course, I feel better today. Since I had to go back to work.

But, in case your wondering, a good gastroenteritis is the perfect way to drop those extra lbs before slipping into that new bikini. Don't forget plenty of saltines and gatorade!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

oh no! I had food poisoning a month before my wedding. I lost 7 pounds. it was horrible. glad to hear that you're feeling better now, though. even if it was just in time to return to work.

leah @maritalbless said...

Augh! How terrible! I'm sorry your day off and next day off were spent getting to know the caulking of your bathroom!

coco le'shea said...

i'm so sorry friend! that's horrible, well except for the five lbs part, i must admit i'm a little jealous of that! so how long till you have another day off now?

Anonymous said...

Oh yikes Erin. You poor thing - what a crappy way to spend your day off. :( But the bright side is losing 5 pounds, right?

kari said...

Ugh! That's horrible. I'm sorry that your days off were spent being sick. Tom and I just recently had food poisoning and it was one of the WORST things we had ever experienced.

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Oh no, you poor girl! I'm sorry to hear you were so sick. Hope you're feeling much better now!

Rachel said...

Oh no!! what a miserable way to spend your day off :-(

Nadine said...

Hello lady! I'm so glad to have a chance to read your blog and know you better. You are right that it's not quite the funny blog, but I love it! It made me cry and laugh and cry some more. Everyone around us is going through there own personal pain and most of the time you don't really get to know those parts about the people you work with. You exchange funny stories and small talk, but I really appreciate how candid and open you are. Know that you will always have a pair of ears if you need to vent about residency or life. -Nadine

Beka Bullard said...

working erin=less blogs=sad beka

Dylan's Mommy said...

you've been tagged! check my blog for details. :)