CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i've been tagged.

My lovely friend Beka tagged me. So, here are 7 things you might not know about me.

1. Beka said this, but I also despise odd numbers. 5 is okay because it's in the middle of 10. But I hate all other odd numbers. It used to drive my friends crazy because my car stereo had numbers for the volume and I had to change it immediately if they put it on an odd number. Same with the t.v. volume.

2. I was an extra in Miss Congeniality. A week after graduating from high school, two of my friends and I went down to San Antonio for an *Nsync concert (don't laugh...it was cool then). Our hotel was right by the Alamo, so right after we got settled in, we decided to go sight seeing. They just happened to be shooting the talent scene in front of the Alamo and we snuck into the crowd. You can actually see us in the movie. So, that was my 15 seconds of fame.

3. Willie Nelson is my cousin. Actually he's my grandpa's cousin, which would make him my 3rd cousin? I'm not really impressed by him, but I've met quite a few people who are really excited to learn that he's my relative.

4. I got a red hot stuck up my nose when I was little. My parents left me alone in the living room watching tv (probably MTV) eating red hots. My mom heard me screaming and came into the living room to find me with red snot running down my nose. I denied it, of course. But, after searching in my nasal cavity for awhile to no avail, they took me to the Dr. He wasn't able to get it out either. By then, I had snotted out all the hot candy coating, so he decided to just let it melt in there.

5. I can jiggle my eyeballs back and forth really fast. I don't know how I do it, or how I discovered this amazing talent. But, I can.

6. I mis-pronounce words all the time. Like the fancy word for appetizers...I thought it was pronounced "whores - de- vores". My friends still like to tell that story.

7. I cannot stand to be held down. If I know that I can't move my appendages, I start to freak out. When I was younger my friends thought it was funny to tackle me on the trampoline and hold my arms and legs down. I literally go postal trying to get free. Ugh, it makes me feel all squirmy just thinking about it. Don't get any ideas, ya hear?

Now, I tag Leah and CeeCee!

6 comments:

sandra said...

Ha! My boss's son just got a bean stuck in his ear. It was craft day at school and he thought it would be funny, but then he kept sticking his finger in there to get it out but ended up pushing it in farther. My boss is waiting for that ER bill - they had to put him under general anesthesia to get it out!

Anonymous said...

LOL at whore-de-vours. I used to think the same. When my brother and I were growing up, we had these brats that lived up the street from us - they'd always act like they were so much better than us. One day, my brother and I were eating those ice cream snickers bars and the neighbor kids were completely intrigued. We told them they were "whore-de-vours" and only rich people got them. LOL!! We were such dorks.

GnomeSweetGnome said...

Erin! My DH is a distant relative of Willie Nelson! They're something like 5th cousins once removed, or something ridiculous like that. He always refers to him as "Uncle Willie' when we see him on TV and whatnot. Lol.

leah @maritalbless said...

I forgot to include in my own that I got those mini chiclets stuck up my nose! What is with kids?!

Beka Bullard said...

Thank you sweet friend!!! I did learn a few things about you!!!I did not know about the red hot incident.

Jessie said...

I just came across your blog via Inside the Loop and it is lovely. I don't know much about your situation other than what I've read so far (only up to this post), but I can't wait to read more, and I will be praying for you to have God's wisdom regarding adoption!

P.S. I got a red hot stuck up my nose on Valentine's Day at our 4th grade class party! My "valentine" and I were digging into a bag and decided it would be funny to put one in a nostril, plug the other nostril, and blow out our nose really hard so that they shot out at each other. (Really romantic, huh?) The school nurse had to pull mine out with a pair of tweezers... ouch.